Sunday 28 February 2010

mmmm......Lasagne


PROJECT 5.1

As a continuation of my batch cooking, and my introduction to pasta making, I decided to batch bake lasagne, to make life easier for Holiday Boy, while I am at work.



So I started by cooking my veggies, which were onions, green and red peppers, garlic and sun dried tomatoes, in a little olive oil. To this I added Italian seasoning and allowed it to cook until the onions became clear. When the veggies were ready I fried off my mincemeat, and then returned the veggies. I finished it all off with tomato passata.


I made lasagne sheets and layered the mince and lasagne with a home made white sauce, which was made from butter, flour, warm milk and seasoning. On the final layer I placed extra mature chedder cheese.


I popped it into the oven until golden brown........looks good enough to eat.....In the background is L's veggie pie to be finished later.


When the lasagne cooled I portioned it up into 8 delish portions, ready for the freezer and I look forward to eating this lovely creation for my evening meal, with a lovely side salad mmmmmm....

5 comments:

  1. I'm surprised this hasn't been tasted yet as you have been drooling over it since it came out the oven, good job! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! That looks so amazing. I have never cooked ahead and stored things in portions but I really want to after seeing this. Great job!! I'm off to clean up the puddle of drool on my keyboard :))

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love lasagna! I wonder why I never really try to make my own ;>, can you give us the recipe?!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sure can

    Mince beef
    Onions
    Bell Peppers
    Garlic
    Sun Dried Tomatoes
    Passata (Tomato pulp)
    White Sauce
    Home made Lasagne sheets
    Cheese

    Fry the beef and veggies until cooked through. Layer the beef mixture with sheets of lasagne and white sauce, another layer of beef and veggies and top with lasagne sheets, cover with the remaining white sauce and sprinkle cheese on top. Cook until the lasagne sheets are cooked through and the cheese is bubbling and brown. Portion up and enjoy....yummy....

    ReplyDelete