Sunday 21 February 2010

Chaos no longer reigns!!!!!


Project 3

I went to see Dreamer at her cottage and this weekend we decided to recycle some old and unloved sweet tins to make valuable storage containers.
We used hammerite white paint to cover the tins as the paint required no priming. They paint covered smoothly and as the paint had been left over from a previous job about the cottage, it cost nothing. The tins were freebies from friends. The paint needed overnight to dry.
This is my tin which will come in very handy to help me sort out the chaos in my cupboards. I have a multitude of ideas to take home from this visit to enable me to make room.
To enable us to know what was in each tin, Dreamer came up with a brilliant idea of painting an area on the tin where we could use chalk to lable the contents. This was achieved by masking off an area with masking tape and painting with blackboard paint. This is very quick drying and after a short while we were able to paint a second coating.
The finished article, ready to accept my items. I like this idea and already have good ideas about what I can do to help with the massive storage problem that I have in my home.

No comments:

Post a Comment