Saturday 13 February 2010

Busy Sunday Afternoon


Project 2

I have a friend who introduced me to this project and I came to the conclusion that I would like to get involved in it.

My friend lives a frugal life and I have been lucky enough to learn quite a lot from her, such as last week we made bread and butter pickles and made a mosaic.

My other half loves the pickles and I now wish to move into preserving, something which I have never done before. So to be frugal, I bought 10 curry sauces from a well known supermarket, at 5p a jar and I have spent today making beef, lamb and chicken curry meals which are now sitting in my freezer, ready to provide an tastey meal for my other half to make, ready for when I get home from work.

The jars will now be stored and used for when I am ready to preserve my vegitables next week and I am looking forward to doing them, that is if he indoors doesn't keep doing a taste test!!

The mosaic was a lovely project which I shall use in my bathroom. It is opening the door to other projects for me to explore.

My newest project has been to start crocheting a bolero which should keep me busy for a good few weeks. Watch this space!!!!


7 comments:

  1. Ha, you are now ell and truly hooked in all things frugal and creative :) see you soon L

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm having a great time and I have always been creative, but it's good to create something new. I love the idea of saving and I already recycle. At least it keeps me out of mischief lol.

    See you soon S

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, I want to do some of that too! The color for your bolero is very pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks. It is lovely isn't it. I haven't made anything so big for a long time, I'm used to making baby clothes.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Welcome to 52 Projects! So glad you decided to join in the fun. I love the color of the bolero and the curry meals sound so delicious! I've got a great vegetarian curry recipe. I never think to make several meals ahead. What a time saver!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for that. I like to ensure I have plenty of easy meals in the freezer as I work and my husband cooks the evening meal. He is a very good cook but his menu is limited to a handful of meals or something with a salad. So this way it is easy for him and he has more time to himself. Being retired he should be enjoying his time not doing all the cooking but I am so greatful for all his help.

    ReplyDelete
  7. mmmmmmmmmmmm... curry. Yummage.

    ReplyDelete