Sunday 10 January 2010

SO......It continues!!!!!!!!!!!

Another day from snowy hell. Had problems all week with the snow. When it started on Tuesday (was it only Tuesday, it feels like weeks ago), I should have gone to work in Runcorn but due to bad weather was told to stay at home. Wednesday was the same but, on Thursday we managed to get into work. What a story..... I couldn't get the car started so I got the RAC out and they managed to start the engine but he couldn't pull me out (elf & safety). My lovely neighbour across the road dragged me out with his minibus.. bless him.... However, the car needed a new battery (more expence) so off to the garage, and they got me on the road once again. I normally get the bus if working in town but, as I live on a hill, and the road is narrow, the bus couldn't negotiate it, so I had to use the car which is not a common occurrence in town.

I finally got into work and St Helens was covered in a blanket of snow. The roads and paths hadn't been cleared so it was difficult to find anywhere safe to park as I am a disabled driver. The disabled carpark was inches deep in snow and ice.

Then came Friday.... When I arrived in work I was told to go home again as there was no water, toilet etc...you get the gyst. Our water comes through the old building nextdoor which has been empty forever, so the pipes were frozen. Not good news.....

I sit here, awaiting the text or phone call to find out what I am doing tomorrow.....

Isn't life exciting...........

No comments:

Post a Comment