Tuesday 19 January 2010

Books I Am Reading

Although I love reading I tend to go through stages, one minute loving to read the next spending time doing other things. Well I have discovered Candace Robb who writes medievil crime novels set in York in the 1400's. Robbs' main charactures are Owen Archer who was the captain of archers for an old Duke. The duke died and instead of working for the Duke of Lancaster, he becomes employed by John Thorpe the Archbishop of York and Edward 11 Chancellor.

Owen is married to Lucie Wilton who is a Master Apathicarer, the widow of Nicholas Wilton. Owen, in the first book the Apothicary Rose, believes Lucie may be a murder. After proving her inocence he eventually marries her after the death of her husband, who is a killer, who is killed himself.

The books are a really good read and I am enjoying them, although I don't have access to them all at the moment.

No comments:

Post a Comment