Saturday 15 January 2011

New Season Planting

Last year was my first attempt at growing potatoes and I used the potatoes I had in the house. I couldn't get seed potatoes as it was too late in the season so I allowed shop bought potatoes to root. I had a very good crop and the potatoes were lovely and sweet.


This year I have bought some Maris Piper seed potatoes and I am going to have a go at growing them. I am also using shop bought potatoes which have rooted really well and I'll see the difference.

I grow all my veg on my patio in containers which I have recycled. My onions & garlic are growing in an old single draw and a cubed piece of furniture. I have also reused old planters to grow other veg.

I aim to grow tomatoes again as I had a very good crop. The majority of my plants were from cuttings and I will aim to do the same this year. In fact I didn't buy a tomato plant as the cuttings were given to me.

I need to dig out the containers that I grow my beans in and add peelings etc to allow the compost to become enriched. I hope that my homemade compost will be ready soon.

I am looking forward to the season and may well add fruit bushes to my

2 comments:

  1. Good luck with the veggie growing :)
    Don't buy any tomato plants I will be doing some from seed in the greenhouse so will plant a few extra for you and start them off when I do mine.
    How many will you need?

    Watch if yoi put any spod peelings in your bean pots, sometimes they syart growing lol,

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the info on spud peelings. I never thought of that.

    I would need about half a dozen tom plants please.

    Thanks for doing them for me

    xx

    ReplyDelete