Friday 27 August 2010

Veggi Growing

MY VEGGIE GARDEN

I have never grown veggies before but decided to give it a try as my friend was growing them in her garden. Although I have a garden I decided to grow them on my patio in tubs. I had a plastic greenhouse which disintegrated so I used a set of shelves, which I covered in the plastic from the greenhouse. With this I have been able to grow tomatoes.

GORGEOUS TOMS

I have never grown any veggies before but as my friend was doing the self suffiencey bit I thought I'd give it a go. She gave me the cuttings off her tomato plants and we placed them in soil and hoped for the best. I now have 10 plants, with the majority having lovely fruits



I also planted out some runner beans seeds in a tub and strung a net across my purgola. The beans grew really fast and covered the netting in no time. I have had lots of lovely runner beans and I have more growing.


The runner beans were such a success that I decided to grow some more. I went to the recycling centre and found a deep box which I have utilised to grow the beans in. They have not produced fruits yet but they have the flowers on, so I expect to have some fruits soon.

1 comment:

  1. Great results for your first attempts, bet you have been bitten by the veggie growing bug now :) Home grown taste so much nicer too!

    ReplyDelete